As technology has improved, there has been an insurgence in the use of animation in advertising.
Animation is proven effective in most niches as it can provide a much lower cost option to traditional advertising and it is effective in engaging your audience as well as many other benefits. Live action can become very expensive as it tends to have a lot more scope for error and delays than animation, which only requires a few animators and voice actors to create a high quality end product. A lot more businesses are turning to animation to advertise their products, services and concepts for a variety of reasons such as:
- Animation is generally fun to watch and creates a higher viewer engagement than traditional adverts.
- Animation often involves humor or comedic aspects that keep the viewer entertained for longer and also invites sharing for bonus marketing potential.
- 3 Animation allows you to be a lot more creative as you can present almost anything in animation, you don’t have to stick to what is realistic or possible as you would with live action videos. Blending the fanciful in with your story is also a good way to capture viewer attention for longer.
- Animation can capture the essence of your brand and express exactly what you are wanting your audience to understand about your product or service.
- Advertising animation generally consists of short videos that communicate clearly and quickly and impart information in a creative way to be memorable .
- Animation provides comic relief in most instances which makes it more interesting to viewers in general.
Here is a breakdown of the role of animation in advertising today:
An animated advert is able to summarize your entire advertising campaign in a brief visual which includes sound, empowering you with a product to get your concept across before the viewer moves on. Animation allows you to create characters that do not need to be realistic and imagine virtual worlds far removed from our everyday lives, allowing you to capture a viewer’s imagination while you tell your story. One role of animation in advertising is that is helps improve your communication with prospective customers. Not everyone will read pages and pages of text to understand your product, but most people will watch an interesting animated video. This lets you explain everything simply and effectively, improving your customers understanding and often trust in your product or brand. Making use of animation as part of your advertising strategy can enhance your modern look and feel, making your brand more edgy and interesting, especially to millennials. Animated adverts are a lot more cost effective. You can use Scratch, a drag-and-drop programming language that is used in developing cutting-edge educational games, animations, and more. There is a lot less expenditure for labour and there is generally a huge saving in production costs, and less time delays. You are able to pre-sell your products using animation, before you actually have a physical product available. Animation allows you to demonstrate a product without actually having it in your hand. Animation also allows for special effects, lighting and colors to make it more appealing to an audience, that would be hard to achieve naturally.